Monday, November 8, 2010

Toddler Responses

The other day my sister called to ask what size clothes all the kids wear. Of course, I wasn't home so Tim did the best he could to figure it out. He turned to ask Lauren what size she wears and she responded with "orange."

This morning, I picked Lauren up after getting her dressed to take her to the bathroom to do her hair and finish getting ready to go. I said, "When did you get so big?" She replied back, "On Halloween." I asked her if all the candy she ate for Halloween made her big and she said yes.

Then with a chuckle, Lauren says, "My tummy just tooted." (I think she was referring to the fact that her stomach was growling because it was hungry.)

I was also reminded in church yesterday of something Lauren said last Sunday. Her nursery lesson was about how each one of us is a "Child of God". The teacher went around the room and told each child that they were a "Child of God." Then she went around the room again to re-iterate this principle. When she got to Lauren, she ask her who she was. Lauren looked at her with a confused look and said, "Lauren". She didn't quite get that we wanted her to say, "I am a Child of God," but at least she knows her name. ;-)

1 comment:

L Garcia Muro said...

That was so cute...Remember that we are all a child of God....Be blessed for God has given you his gift of love. I invite you to visit my blog.