Thursday, September 30, 2010

Memories

The other night at dinner we were talking and for some reason we started telling the boys funny things they used to do. It was fun to remember when Colin's favorite line was "I throwed myself in the garbage." He would come to us and say, "I need to tell you something" and when he couldn't think of anything he really wanted to tell us, he would say, "I throwed myself in the garbage." Then he would wait for us to laugh. The most common time that this occurred was when he was supposed to be in bed and he would shout down the stairs or come downstairs and interrupt us in whatever we were doing.

The following memories I had documented on facebook, but I want to make sure these memories are in our blog as well.

Back in May, Jordan was going through a phase where he was constantly telling us we had to give him money. Sometimes he would tell us we had to give him money to do things and other times he would tell us to give him money when he didn't like something that was happening. One night he found a piece of paper in his room and wrote the following note to me:
"I love you so much. You will haft to give me one handred dolers"

Then the next night he wrote another note;
"I love you donna so can we go to target to duy what we want"

After the second note, he called down from his room where he was supposed to be going to sleep and asked if I had read both notes and which one I would choose.


***

For Valentine's Day 2010, roses were delivered to me from my sweet husband. With the roses, came a card that said, "Have a special Sunday (Valentine's Day). Love Bill"

Who is Bill you ask? Funny thing is, I don't know. That certainly wasn't the card Tim wrote for me. That weekend some lucky person probably received a very sweet, romantic card from some guy named Tim.

***

On the evening of November 9, 2009, Jordan brought me a story he wrote and illustrated in pencil: "The mouse is old." Picture: Little mouse with a sword. "The mouse is following the bad mouse." Picture: Mouse with sword following mouse with hat. "The mouse" Picture: The mouse with sword standing next to a castle. "The mouse is in the Navy." Picture: Looks like two little mice with guns. By Jordan Fischer

***

On October 22, 2009, when I dropped the kids off at daycare a couple of the older kids were playing a little rough and loud. I started down the hallway to leave and heard the sweetest thing. Colin said, "You guys are playing to rough for my sister." He cares about and loves his little sister so much and is such a good big brother (most of the time.)

***

On October 10, 2009, my boys gathered all the hair bows they could find around the house (and since I make them we have a lot) and then informed me they planned to sell them. Before I could stop them, they were running across the street to sell them. Jordan was selling 1 for 5.99. Our neighbor bought a set for each of her neices, but I pulled out some new ones for her to choose from and reduced the price to something reasonable. The boys weren't too happy with the reduced price, since it meant less money for them.

No comments: