On the morning of Jordan's first grade field trip to the zoo, he was very excited. With this excitement came non-stop talking (mostly about his birthday plans) and constant motion. We loaded onto the school bus and three of us had to sit in the school bus seat. It was me, Jordan, and one of the other girls in our group. With three in the seat, his movement and noise was starting to get to me, so I asked him to calm down and told him to meditate. I didn't really expect him to take me seriously since he doesn't usually, but the next time I looked at him, he had pulled his legs up on the seat, indian style, put his hands up and closed his eyes. He stayed this way while other kids asked what he was doing. He stayed this way while kids got in his face. He stayed this way while I talked over him to the parent in the seat across from us. I couldn't believe it. After about 20 minutes I finally leaned over to him and told him he could stop if he wanted. Then he opened his eyes, pulled his gloves and jacket off because he was hot and started talking again and didn't stop until we got off the bus. He knew he was meditating, but he was telling his friends that he likes "lemontating". When he lemontates, he eats a lemon and then meditates.
No comments:
Post a Comment