With the nice weather this weekend, I decided I wanted to check out some of the parks in our area that we have not previously been to. Our first stop on Friday night was at Scriber Creek Park. We were looking for Scriber Lake Park, but since I forgot the directions, I was not finding it. We walked the trail from the entrance basically to where it met up with Lynnwood Park & Ride and decided we were not going to find a playground. This was a walking trail and not much more. So we called my mom and had her look up the directions to Scriber Lake Park. After getting the directions, we easily found that park. We took a bathroom break and hit the trails. We enjoyed looking at all the plants and flowers and the birds and ducks. It was a lot of fun. However, I soon realized that I missed the part about this park not having any play equipment, so after a bit of walking, we turned around and went back to the car. By this time, it was nearing bedtime and Lauren was definitely ready for bed, so we went home. Since we weren't successful at finding toys last night, I decided I would try to make up for it today while Tim was helping some friends move. I looked up some more Lynnwood parks and wrote down the directions.
Our first park visit was to Daleway Park. It is a smaller park, but was quite nice. It had a big open grassy field, basketball quart, 2 baby swings and play equipment. It also has a water spray area that looks like it may open this summer.
After playing here for a little while, we left Daleway Park to find Lynndale Park. This is a much larger park with a lot of fun things to do. However, it was actually a little less baby friendly as the play equipment didn't have any low to the ground steps for Lauren to crawl up on so I had to lift her up every time she wanted to slide down the slide. It had a lot more play equipment though for the boys. We took a little nature walk and then found an older slide that the kids enjoyed sliding down several times.

No comments:
Post a Comment