Sunday, May 24, 2009

Because I'm Smart

One of Jordan's favorite questions when we tell him something is, "Well how do you know?" Sometimes I answer with something intelligent like, "I read it in a book" or "I heard it on the news" or sometimes I answer with "because I am the mom" and sometimes I answer with, "because I'm smart". Afterall, one has to be pretty smart to be able to answer many of the questions six year olds come up with.

This morning, Colin was watching the fish in the fish tank and he asked, "Mom, where is the one that sucks the water?" (He is actually referring to the algae eater.) I told him it died a couple weeks ago. Jordan must have overheard some the conversation because he then asked where the algae eater was. Colin answered, "He's dead." Then Jordan asks, "How do you know?" Colin responds with, "because I'm smart". I just had to chuckle.

***

On Friday, I picked Colin up from daycare and since he had wet at naptime, he had changed his clothes. He was now wearing his shirt that says,

I'm the smart one
e=mc^2

However, he was wearing the shirt backward, so the words were on his back. Then to make the outfit even a little better, he was wearing his shoes on the wrong feet. I really wanted to get a picture of him walking out of the daycare. He was acting so normal, but I was laughing and wishing I had my camera in my pocket. Unfortunately, by the time we got home, he had taken his shoes off, so I didn't get a picture, but it really was priceless.

No comments: