Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jordan's Lose Tooth

Jordan lost one of his top front teeth last week on Thursday night (11/6). He first showed me his loose tooth on Monday when I picked him up from daycare and by the time we got to the car he was crying (practically uncontrollably). I asked what his problem was and he said he didn't think another tooth would grow in when this one fell out. I told him not to worry about it, that there would eventually be another tooth that grows in. Then he continued to cry and said his tooth hurt. (I am sure it had nothing to do with the sucker he had just eaten in a matter of 3 minutes. He had probably bumped it while biting the sucker.) So by the time we got home he said he couldn't eat dinner. I told him he could have something soft and I suggested that he could start with some yogurt. Then he cried some more because he was worried it would fall out and he wouldn't be able to find it in the yogurt and he would swallow it. Then I mentioned that he had swimming and he continued to cry because he was worried he would lose it in the pool. I told him not to worry about it and everything would be alright. So moving to Friday morning...Jordan wakes up and comes into the bathroom where I am getting ready for work and he is crying. As soon as he opened his mouth I knew what the problem was. Jordan had lost his tooth. The problem was he lost it during the night and he didn't know where it was so of course he assumed he swallowed it. I tried to lighten the situation as Tim was searching his bed and covers to look for the tooth, but it was not found. I told Jordan not to worry because if he swallowed his tooth or we could not find it that mommy and daddy would talk to the tooth fairy and she would still come. That helped him feel a little better, but I think he was still pretty nervous that he had swallowed his tooth. The good news is when I searched his bed later and lifted up his mattress, I found his tooth. Jordan was so happy when I told him.

No comments: