A few weeks ago I switched Jordan's booster seat and Colin's carseat in the van. Jordan is now sitting in the way back and Colin sits up with Lauren. It is nice because it is easier to buckle Colin up now and I can actually hear him when he is talking. However, I have seen a new side of him since he changed places.
We were on our way to the store two weekends ago and Colin started questioning me about how the car goes. I explained to him that there were pedals on the floor that I had to push to make the van start and stop. He found this quite fascinating and then all of a sudden said, "Mom put both your hands on the steering wheel." Wow, what good advice. Hopefully he can remember it when he starts driving.
It seems that whenever I am going anywhere now with Colin, he is making comments.
Here is some of the dialogue we have had on the way to swimming in the past week.
Colin: Mom why are you stopping?
Mom: Well, the light is red.
Colin: Mom, its taking too long. Go.
Mom: I can't go because the cars in front of me are stopped.
(Light turns green)
Colin: Go! The light is green.
Colin: Mom the light is red. Why did you turn?
Mom: When I need to make a right turn, I can turn on red. I just have to stop and make sure no cars are coming, then I can turn.
Colin: Mom, put both hands on the steering wheel.
Colin: (slight distraction as we were driving by the high school) Mom why are they playing football in the dark?
Colin: Mom go faster so you don't have to stop.
(Light turns red)
Colin: Its taking too long. Go.
Mom: I can't go the light is red.
Colin: Mom the light is green.
Mom: Yes Colin, the light is green.
Colin: Hurry up. Yeah we didn't have to stop.
Mom: Colin what should I do if the light is yellow?
Colin: Slow down.
Mom: :-)
And baby makes 10 :)
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment