Several months ago, Jordan decided to join his school choir. When he told me, I was a little surprised, but I encouraged him to do it because I know that he has potential. Singing has kind of been one of those love/hate relationships for him. He likes music. He likes singing along to music he hears on occassion. However, he often refuses to sing in Primary at church. He says he just doesn't like too and he doesn't like the songs. He chooses not to sing at daycare concerts because he just doesn't want to. I asked him what makes school choir so different? Why did he want to sing in the school choir? He did tell me a couple of his friends were in the choir. He also told me that he would get to go on a field trip and miss school. Then he told me he joined because he liked the songs they were singing. He was learning some Beatles songs like "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Drive My Car", and "Twist and Shout". He liked these songs, so he liked being in choir. So last week, he participated in the NE Quad choir concert for the school district that included the high school and middle school choir's as well as 4 elementary school choirs. He did well, and I am happy to see him try new things. Personally, I hope he can find a joy in singing and recognize that he may not always get to sing songs he loves to sing, but we will always enjoy listening to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment