Monday, April 6, 2009

Jordan Makes a Sandwich

A couple things about Jordan and how he likes a sandwich:
*Whenever I make him a sandwich, I cut the crust off the bread because he doesn't like the crust.
*His sandwich is mayonnaise and ketchup and two pieces of bologna on wheat bread.

Tonight Jordan didn't like what I made for dinner so he decided he would take care of himself. He wanted a sandwich. Before I could even say anything he was at the fridge getting out everything he needed.
He opens the bread and pulls out the heel of the loaf..."This looks neat." (I guess he has never seen the heel.)
He gets out a butter knife and squirts ketchup on the first piece of bread.
He spreads the ketchup and then decides he needs more ketchup so he asks me to hold the knife while he squirts more ketchup.
He squirts more ketchup and when I turn around, he is using another knife to spread it. I make a comment about him using another knife and he said, "whoops".
Then while he is getting the bologna out the second ketchup knife falls off the cabinet on the floor which sprays ketchup all over the place. While I am cleaning that up, he decides to start on the mayonnaise and gets out another knife. (I suppose this is good since I don't want ketchup mixed in with the mayo.)
Anyway, he spreads the mayo, puts another layer of bologna and decides he wants another layer of ketchup so he gets out another knife. Then he puts the sandwich together and brings it to the table.
He goes to take his first bite and then realizes the crust is still on the bread so he says he needs another knife...by this time, he has used every butter knife that was in the drawer.
He finds a plastic knife and brings it to the table. His sandwich is heel side up and he starts to try and cut the bread about 1/2 from the edge since that is where the crust starts on the heel (???) Of course it wasn't cutting very well I didn't have the nerve to tell him that the heel is all crust because I was afraid he would decide he wouldn't want it.
I told him he wouldn't taste the crust with the amount of ketchup he put on his sandwich. Surprisingly, this satisfied him and he ate his sandwich all gone.
Afterwards, I pointed out the puddle of ketchup I found on the floor where he was making his sandwich and pointed out that next time he should try to keep ALL the ketchup on the bread.

No comments: